Scavenger Hunt! Exploring Grandma's Attic (or your Parent's Attic)
At first glance, you might think your grandparents' attic or basement is full of old junk. But grownups keep lots of interesting stuff in those places—including papers and "artifacts" with clues to your family history.
Give yourself one point for every artifact you collect. Five bonus points if you get Grandma or Grandpa to help you with your hunting!
- birth certificate
- baby book/scrapbook
- newspaper clipping about a relative
- wedding pictures or guest book
- picture of your mom or dad as a kid
- picture of Grandma or Grandpa as a kid
- school project by your parent or an aunt or uncle
- old postcards
- letters your relatives wrote to each other
- quilt, needlework or clothing a relative made
- an old-fashioned toy
- a special piece of jewelry
13-18: Super Detective
6-12: Hot on the Trail
1-5: Keep Looking!
You can find more fun Family Tree Activities on this site.